Friday, June 4, 2010

Finding Myself (Attempt II)


I’m trading poop holes, tarantulas the size of my face, and the sun-scorched Armenian dirt for seafront bungalows and the welcomed shade of olive trees. I’m traveling to Athens, Greece and then on to the Cycladic island of Serifos to ‘ hone my creativity,’ and, of course, ‘find myself.’ This is also a philanthropic trip, as I will (with the aid of my parents’ credit card) relieve and country’s economic hardship, and, quite possibly, lift the country out of recession entirely. This means- PRESENTS FOR EVERYYYYYYYBODY!!!- so keep reading!

While only a shot-put’s throw away from the infamous Ararat Valley (I find the reference to the ancient Olympics entirely appropriate), I can only imagine that the *twinkling* Mediterranean will stand in stark contrast to Dvin. Most notable, however, will be the absence of Baron Gregory Areshian’s snug, high-waisted trousers, which, unfortunately, left nothing of the contours of his backside up to the imagination .

Currently En Route Athens. ETA: 11:30 AM Saturday (2AM central)

2 comments: