Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Recap



Friday’s taverna party was an immense success- per usual. Lots of beer, lots of unidentified greek shots (sketchy…), lots of dancing.

Saturday was a pretty relaxing day. I ventured to a taverna down the beach for a Greek Salad and ended up sitting down with a freelance travel writer for about three hours. It was the first time I had “ventured down the beach for a Greek salad” alone, so I really feel like this odd encounter was ‘meant to be’— so to speak. I asked her some questions about what she does etc, etc, and I pretty much decided that I need a lot more stability in my life than she seems to have. So, I guess I have somewhat succeeded in this summer’s installment of ‘Alice’s Attempt to Find Herself II.’ I think I need a stable job with an income that doesn’t fluctuate monthly (hopefully my mom and dad are pleasantly surprised by this revelation). Baby Alice is going to law school! (well, maybe not… But she’s not quitting her education in an attempt to be the next Hemmingway). I think good decisions are being made on the beaches of Serifos… Hooray!

On Saturday evening we went to a taverna to watch U!S!A! ….L!O!O!S!E! to Ghana. That was disappointing…

On Sunday we went on a day hike to an isolated cove. We perched on huge rock islands in the sun. It was a “girls only” expedition. Use your imagination… let’s just say some tan lines were “evened-out.”

Today was the usual Monday: Greek classes, writing, and work-shopping.
AND sniffles are gone.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment